I have never been a big chilli person because of my GERD but my husband requested chilli for the first time in out 7 years together so I decided let’s do it!
- 1 Pound of ground turkey
- 1 can of mixed beans (black, kidney, etc)
- 1 can of corn
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 Red, Green, and Yellow Pepper (3 in total)
- 1 can of tomatoes small diced
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 1 TBS of minced garlic
- 1 TBS of butter
- 1 TBS of worchestershire sauce
- 1 TBS of cocoa
- Spices like cumin, salt, and pepper. We all have our favorites.
***I like to add cheddar cheese, sour cream, and scallions on top after it’s bowled.
- In a large pot cook your turkey. You shouldn’t need any oil. Drain grease if needed.
- Add garlic and spices to meat. Make sure you mince the meat up really small.
- While turkey cooks, dice onion and peppers. Add those in.
- Once meat is fully browned and onions are getting soft, add all can items including their juice. (Should be 4)
- Let this combination come to a boil.
- Add 1 cup of chicken stock, worchestershire sauce, cocoa, and your spices again. Never can have too much cumin!
- Melt 1 TBS of butter into the chilli.
- Let it cook for about 5 mins so it’s not too watery and then label into bowels.
- Top with yummy things like scallions, cheese, crackers, and sour cream.
Hope you enjoy it ❤